Who we are
Our website address is: https://southernlord.com/.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
We need to collect some of your data in order for you to purchase our products. Southern Lord controls the use of your data and is the data processing agent for your personal information in most cases. We protect and process your personal data in accordance with the GDPR.
We do not collect, store or transfer any personal information beyond what is required to fill your order, nor do we sell or trade any personal information to third parties.
The personal data that we collect to process your order:
- First and last name
- Email address
- Company name if needed for shipping address
- Complete billing address including street, house number, zip code, city and country
- Complete shipping address including street, house number, PO box or similar if applicable, zip code, city and country
- IP address
- Payer PayPal email address
We need your personal data for the following purposes:
- To process and ship orders placed by you
- To match payments made via PayPal or Credit Card to your order for processing
- To confirm your order, confirm your payment and send you an invoice (via email)
- To contact you regarding any shipment delays or problems with your order, or to inform you if a package has been damaged in transit or returned, if applicable
- To provide only the data necessary (name and shipping address) to the carriers we use (USPS) for the purpose of shipping your order to the address you have provided
We do not store credit card numbers. You will provide the payment processor (PayPal or Credit Card) with your account and payment details yourself and voluntarily.
During the ordering process, your personal data will be transmitted over a secure (“https” or “ssl”) connection.
Any information you submit to our site (and any information transmitted from our site to your browser) is encrypted using industry-standard encryption technology.
Who we share your data with
We collect and store your personal information strictly to process orders you make on southernlord.com (e.g. processing credit card transactions, shipping your order, providing customer service etc.). We do not sell, lend, give away, or otherwise distribute your personal information to third parties.
How long we retain your data
Paid and processed (completed) orders will be anonymized after 12 months.
What rights you have over your data
If you have entered personal information, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you or have your data anonymized. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Request User Data
- To request your user data, send an email to email@example.com
- Anonymization requests can be sent by filling in this form: Anonymization requests.
- To delete your user data, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
For all requests, please make sure to use the email address that corresponds to your orders!
Functional cookies (Session cookies):
Functional cookies help make a website usable by enabling basic functions like page navigation and session cookies for the shopping cart. The website cannot function properly without these cookies.
– Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping
– Shipping address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and send you the order!
These cookies are set to expire at the end of each session.
Marketing cookies (third party cookies)
You can reset your cookie preference by accepting all cookies in the cookie banner or by clicking here to revoke cookie consent.
The cookie settings on this website are set to “allow functional cookies”.
If you accept “All Cookies”, marketing cookies will be set so you can enjoy BandCamp players, Twitter stream and YouTube videos.
Southern Lord Recordings